Fruits are a great source of fiber and nutrients and pears is one such fruit, which is healthy, tasty and nutritious, all at the same time. It contains flavonols, fiber, vitamin B2, vitamin E, vitamin C, potassium and copper that are good for human body and skin. Here, find 11 unheard health benefits that Pears is capable of offering.
1. Keep Blood Pressure and Heart Stroke at Bay: Pears contain high amount of pectin, which helps in lowering cholesterol and avoiding heart related diseases. It also contains anti-carcinogen glutathione and anti-oxidant that are useful in preventing high blood pressure and keeping heat stroke at bay.
2. Fever no More: The juice of pears is excellent for bringing down fever quickly and effectively. Its juice is amazingly cool and ideal for relieving high fever. In addition to this, the fruit is also a great energy booster as it contains high level of glucose and fructose, which are immensely required when you are experiencing fever.
3. Constipation: Pears contains pectin, which increases the excretion of urine from the body. Those suffering from constipation problem can have the juice of pears on a regular basis as it helps in regulating bowel movement.
4. Boost Your Immune System: The anti-oxidant properties of pears are extremely helpful in boosting your immune system. Drink plenty of pears juice to avoid cold and problems treat inflammatory symptoms.
5. Say Goodbye to Throat and Vocal Chord Problems: Whether you eat pears or drink its juice on a regular basis, either way, you will manage to cool down your body and nourish your throat and keep all sort of throats related problems at bay. In fact Chinese pears when combine with honey are extremely useful in healing the throat as well as the vocal-chord.
6. Excellent for Pregnancy: Pears is packed with high amount of folate (folic acid), which is great for pregnant women as it helps in avoiding defects pertaining to neural tube and development of a healthy baby.
7. Prevents Osteoporosis: Pears also consists of high amount of boron, which assists the body in retaining calcium and thereby helps in preventing osteoporosis.
8. Kills Free Radicals: Pears contain high amount of vitamins K and C and nutrients like copper and together they act like anti-oxidants and help in safeguarding our cells from getting damaged due to free radicals. In fact, a single pear consists of as much as eleven percent of vitamin C and 9.5 percent of copper that one should consume on a daily basis.
9. Clear excess Phlegm: Many people, especially children tend to develop breathing problems due to excess of phlegm. However, the juice of pears is highly useful in clearing phlegm from the body.
10. Reducing Cancer Risk: Pears contains nutrients that are helpful in protecting us from different types of cancer. Apart from reducing cholesterol level from the body, pears are also helpful in removing chemicals that cause colon cancer, since it is rich in fiber.
11. Treat Disorders: Traditionally, pears have been used in the form of medicine for treating a number of diseases such as gout, colitis, arthritis and gallbladder problems.
With so much to offer, sweet, soft and juicy pears are a treat for your body, skin and overall health!
Julia Taylor is a blogger for Skin Tags Removal who contributes her knowledge on various skin care issues. Actively attending affiliated seminars and networking events in the world of beauty.