1020.74 Lbs Deadlift from Eddie Hall at The World Deadlift Championship 2015. Watch this historic feat of strength.
1. Eddie Hall 463kg/1020lbs New World Record
2. Hafthor Bjornsson 450kg/990lbs
3. Jerry Prichett & Rauno Heinla 435kg/957lbs
4. Andy Bolton 420kg/924lbs
5. Terry Hollands, Krzystophe Radzikowski, Mark Felix, Dainis Zageris, Matjaz Belsak,400kg/880lbs
6. Dimitar Savitinov 360kg/792lbs
7. Luke Stoltman No lift
Hall has made a name for himself as one the most powerful and explosive lifters on the Strongman circuit, which was demonstrated by his incredible squat performance in last year’s World’s Strongest Man final, in which he finished sixth overall.
Last year, the athlete lifted a new world record at the World Deadlift Championships only for the achievement to be sensationally snatched away from him when he was disqualified for dropping the bar.
As he broke yesterday’s record, Hall appeared to manage the feat with relative ease and was sure to keep a tight grip on the bar as he lowered it, to avoid a repeat of last year’s controversy. Originally from Stoke-on-Trent, the 27-year-old weighs 173kg or 27st.
Sources The Independent