- 1 head Romain Lettuce, Finely Chopped
- 1-½ cup Jicama Chopped
- 3 whole Persian Cucumbers, Chopped
- 1 whole Avocado, Peeled, Pitted And Chopped
- 2 stalks Green Onion, Chopped
- 1-½ cup Cherry Tomatos, Halved
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil – For Grilling
- 2 whole Bell Peppers
- 1 whole Onion
- 2 whole Zucchinis
- 2 whole Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 ear Corn, Husks Removed
- Kosher Salt, Pepper, Basil, Cayenne, And Oregano, To Taste, For Sprinkling Over The Vegetables
- ¾ cups Gradma Koyotes BBQ Sauce, Or Another Brand With No Sugar (Whole Foods)
- 16 ounces, weight Firm Tofu
1. Place chopped lettuce, jicama, cucumbers, avocado, green onions and tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Slice the peppers, onions and zucchini in thick slices. Brush the peppers, onions, zucchini, jalapeno, and corn with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil, cayenne, and oregano. Grill over a medium high flame until the vegetables are charred on all sides. You can also bake the vegetables in a 425 F oven for about 45 minutes or until browned, if preferred. Remove the grilled vegetables from the grill as each is done. Chop all the grilled vegetables and cut the corn kernels off the cob. Mix in with the raw chopped vegetables.
3. For the tofu: Dice the tofu and mix it together with the BBQ sauce. Either on a sheet of tin foil on the grill or in a stovetop pan over medium heat, you are going to cook the tofu. Allow tofu to cook for about 10 minutes until heated through and the BBQ sauce has a chance to seep into the cubes of tofu.
4. Mix up the salad ingredients. Plate. Top with tofu and any extra BBQ sauce. The olive oil from the grilled vegetables and the extra BBQ sauce will create enough flavor and texture that you won’t need any extra dressing.