- 1 1/4 cups orange juice, preferably calcium-fortified or Apple Juice makes it just as delicious.
- 1 banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu, or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or Splenda Granular (optional)
- Tea Spoon of Chia Seeds
**NOTE: If using fresh fruit add in ice cubes to the blender, but if using frozen fruit no need for ice. And as a personal opinion, I think it tastes just as delicious without any added sugar or sweetener. 🙂
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 139 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 421 mg potassium.
*** I personally love this shake. It is a delicious shake to have instead eating a snack. It satisfy your hunger cravings in between meals. The Chia Seeds that are added helps with your cravings and they give you energy. I know every time I drink it I do feel more energy. I drink it every time I feel like I need a boost instead of drinking a cup of coffee.