- 2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shredded wheat, crushed (I used Post wheat-n-bran. You can try rice chex or crispies or flake cereal for a gluten-free version.)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar plus 1 packet nunaturals stevia (Or use 1/4 cup sugar. See note below, for a sugar-free version.)
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or oil (I used Earth Balance. If you want a fat-free crisp, double the applesauce and omit the margarine.)
- 1 tbsp applesauce (For a more buttery taste, replace this with an extra tbsp of the margarine)
- 1/4 tsp salt (use only 1/8 tsp if using margarine)
- 1 container yogurt of choice (I used SoDelicious plain, which is coconut-based)
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the peaches, lemon, arrowroot, cinnamon, 1/2 the salt, and 1/2 the sweetener in a bowl. Let sit for ten minutes. Meanwhile, stir the crushed cereal, remaining sweetener, remaining salt, melted margarine or oil, and applesauce in a bowl until well-blended. Spread the peach mixture in a small baking pan (such as a 4×7), and top with the cereal mixture. Bake for 45 minutes.
- 210 calories (or 230 for the pear version)
- 3 grams of fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 8 grams fiber!