To gain weight and bulk up, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes, and work as hard as necessary and you have to be consistent. Your body responds to consistency. Sometimes it may get to the point of obsession, but it has to be that way for you to reach your goal.There are several reasons why most people fail in their program and don’t gain weight:
1. Improper diet, Most people are not eating enough protein and not enough calories.
2. Your work out routine isn’t hitting your muscles hard enough. You don’t have to kill yourself, but you must push your body to out-of-the-ordinary stress each workout to grow muscle and to gain weight.
Here’s some basic how to gain weight information and things you should be doing to help you bulk up:
• To gain weight you must eat more calories than your body burns off, so EAT MORE! The most important thing that I cannot over stress is that you need to eat to gain weight. You need to eat like you’ve never eaten before. (But not junk food like donuts and chips or candy, this is a dirty bulk). In other words, you need to be Eating every 2.5 to 3 hours, this should become a lifestyle for the weight gainer. The standard of three meals a day is not conducive to maintaining a healthy physique simply because the body requires a more regular ingestion of nutrients.
• Increase your protein intake and calorie intake. With out protein your body cannot build new muscle.
• Keep your workouts under one hour. Short and intense, lift heavy low reps and no cardio.
• Concentrate on free weight exercises that work the large muscle groups. The best weight training exercises for building mass are the simple ones. For mass, stick with compound free weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, barbell rows, pull ups and bar dips. You must work out your legs this will release more growth hormone.
• Do only 2-3 exercises per body part.
Split your workout, you need to train with more intensity, but less frequently.
Day 1: Chest, and triceps.
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Back, and Legs.
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: shoulders, biceps and forearms.
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: abs legs.
Drink lots of water, 1 gallon a day, increase calories and drink lots of milk. Use nutritional supplements. If you can’t afford too many products, just stick with the basics; like whey protein. If you can’t afford whey protein the next best thing is Foods that are rich in protein.
Weight gain foods include fish, tuna, salmon, and dairy products like cheese, milk and yogurt. Foods such as nuts, eggs, and sunflower seeds are also known to be rich in protein. Protein powder is extremely helpful in reaching your daily protein goals. Whey protein especially is a superior form of protein because it is fast-digesting compared to other proteins. Whey protein is a bodybuilding staple for pre-workout and post-workout nutrition. You should consume a whey-oats-milk shake before and after my weightlifting sessions.
Milk is a weight gainer’s best friend! Milk is packed with protein, carbs, and healthy fat in the perfect ratio. For weight gain, drink up to a half gallon to a gallon of milk per day in addition to a solid weight gain diet. Drink milk from when you wake up to when it’s bedtime. Milk makes for great pre and post workout nutrition.