- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cut into thin wedges (about 2 cups)
- 4 oz Canadian bacon (about 6 slices), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups fat-free cholesterol-free egg product (from two 8-oz cartons) or 4 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 In 8-inch nonstick skillet or 2-quart saucepan, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter over medium heat. Add apple; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in Canadian bacon. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in syrup.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix egg product or beaten eggs and egg whites and the pepper until well blended.
- Step 3 In 10-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides (omelet pan), melt remaining teaspoon butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook about 1 minute, lifting edges occasionally to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet, until mixture begins to cook around edges. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 3 to 6 minutes or until set.
- Step 4 Spoon half of filling over half of omelet; quickly fold other half of omelet over filling. Cut omelet in half; slide each half onto serving plate. Spoon remaining filling over each serving.
1 Serving (1 Serving)
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 15mg;
- Sodium 560mg;
- Total Carbohydrate 16g
- Protein 14g;