- 1 cup vanilla (or plain) brown rice protein
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats (or buckwheat)
- 1 cup egg whites 1 cup of coconut milk (from the carton)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 grated apple (added after blending the above)
- 1 large grated carrot (also added after blending the above)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (also added after)
- 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts (also added after)
1. Blend all ingredients together, except for the grated apple, carrot and nuts which you want to add AFTER blending the rest of the ingredients (you do this to retain their texture; also, you don’t want to blend the carrot in there and the apple and release all of their liquid, creating a kind of pureed mush).
2. Pour the batter inside 36 miniature muffin molds or six regular muffin cases.
3. Bake between 30 and 40 minutes, depending on what size of muffin mold you’re using, at 170 C (338 F).
4. Make the frosting by mixing 1/2 cup of sheep’s yogurt with 1/8 cup of coconut flour and 1 teaspoon of toffee flavdrops (stevia or another sweetenener would also do the job though).
via Protein Pow