Chipotle Causing Explosive Diarrhea In the U.S., Thanks To E. Coli And Norovirus (Video)

BOSTON — Eighty Boston College students got sick after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant this past weekend, with early test results regarding the cause leaning toward norovirus, public health investigators said Tuesday.

Chipotle has temporarily closed the Cleveland Circle location, which is where the students were reportedly eating.

The Boston College students are being tested for E. coli and norovirus, both of which can cause vomiting and diarrhea. According to a university spokesman, the test results are not expected for at least two days.

Chipotle said on Tuesday it would not be closing any other locations in the Boston area.

Chipotle has been struggling with an E. coli outbreak, which has sickened 52 people in nine states and battered the burrito chain’s sales and stock price.

In August, norovirus was blamed for making nearly 100 people sick at a Chipotle restaurant in Simi Valley, California.

Chipotle said it is enhancing its food safety measures with DNA-based tests, end-of-shelf-life testing and additional internal training to prevent foodborne illnesses from occurring again in the future.

via Tomonews US

Sharing is healthy!

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Delicious
  • Email
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
  • Pinterest

Comments

comments

Pinterest