- 3 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately 3″ chunks
- 1 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 C fat-free milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Put potatoes and broth in large pot with tight-fitting lid and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Add cinnamon, milk, and butter.
3. Mash in food processor or with handheld masher until smooth. Add vanilla extract and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
TIPS: You can make these up to 5 days ahead, and they reheat beautifully. If they’re a bit dry, just stir in water.
Makes 8 servings. Per serving: 125.1 calories, 1.7 g fat,