- 12 ounces pink salmon, canned and drained or fully cooked fresh
- 1 cup dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper [yield: 1/3 cup] *see note
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In the bowl of your food processor, add eggs and whip on low for 1 minute. Add red pepper, green onion, parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Pulse for a couple of seconds to chop the pepper and breakup the herbs.
- Add salmon and breadcrumbs, pulsing quickly. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more breadcrumbs. Form the mixture into 2 inch patties.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Once complete, place on a kitchen towel-lined plate.
****NOTE – Because of the juice from the peppers the cakes may/ may not become a bit moist or “wet” , to eliminate some of this ‘wetness’ you could try cutting the pepper separately, wrapping it up in a tea towel and ringing out some of the liquid.
*Fresh Tartar Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo (can be light or low fat mayo)
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5-10 fresh chives, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and serve!