Pumping iron and watching your diet is not all there is to this fitness game. Your emotional wellness is also important to the overall healthy person. Vcstar gives us a list of 10 tips to keep you operating smooth on a mental level.
1. Remember what you want in the big picture instead of what you think you must have this very moment. Most things we desire are not needs; they are wants. Being wise with your money promotes self-confidence and peace of mind.
2. Get a good night’s sleep. If you are tired, you cannot function at your best, and you need to be at the top of your game as much as possible. So turn off the TV and sleep. It’s good for you, emotionally and physically.
3. Don’t loan money to those close to you. If you feel they deserve your help, make it a gift, because an unpaid loan can undo a friendship. I usually offer to give 10 percent of what’s requested and suggest the person find nine more friends like me.
4. Write thank-you notes by hand. Hardly anyone does this anymore, yet it can be so meaningful. Taking the time to write a thank-you note shows that you truly appreciated the gift.
5. Give some love to a person in need. Visit a rest home where you don’t know anyone and have a conversation with a stranger. Go to the hospital and volunteer, or read to children at the library. You will feel better for it.
6. When someone loses a pet, don’t say, “Well it was only an animal.” People bond with their pets like children, and those pets become family members. So be sensitive when someone you know suffers such a loss.
7. When you think back on your life, focus on the good that has come your way, not on what you think you might have missed. Remember that no matter how many goodies other people you know have, your life is more abundant than most on the planet.
8. It’s OK to slow down. Some people try to pack as much as they can into a day or a vacation. If you take a little more time getting things done or going places, you won’t burn out and you’ll see much more.
9. Read a book that you’ve read before. This is like reconnecting with an old friend. Plus, rereading an old book will call forth memories from the time you last read the story.
10. Give yourself a gift. It may be traveling to a distant land or simply taking the day off. Whatever you decide on doing, enjoy it with every ounce of energy and appreciation in you. Know that you deserve it.
Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/jun/02/10-tips-to-make-your-life-easier/#ixzz1wktqOpFM