Per serving: 253 calories; 27 g protein; 14 g fat; 4 g carbs; 1 g fiber
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red chile or 1 medium jalapeno, chopped (include the seeds if you like it spicy)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 4 ounces each
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup watercress leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Place pine nuts, honey, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, garlic, and chile in a blender and process until the mixture is pureed. Spoon the sauce over the salmon, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning twice.
- Place bell peppers and watercress in a bowl. Toss with vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover and refrigerate while the salmon cooks.
- Oil the grill rack and preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the salmon on the grill rack and grill until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Brush occasionally with reserved marinade. Garnish with bell pepper and watercress mixture before serving.