- 1 rice tortilla
- 1/2 leftover chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp mozzarella Daiya cheese or other non-dairy cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp jalapenos, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/8 tsp herbamare or Himalayan rock salt
- Preheat grill or if you don’t have a grill, preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once melted, add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add herbamare and red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients on half of the tortilla. Fold over and place on the grill. Push down with the top and allow to cook for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. If cooking in the oven, place on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
**** Makes one Quesadilla