What to know how long it will take to get six pack abs? Follow the directions in this video to calculate how long it will take!
1. Find your lean body mass.
— a. weight x body fat percentage (as a decimal)
— b. weight – pounds of fat = LBM
2. Take goal body fat percentage (as a decimal) and subtract it from one.
— a. Men: 1 – 0.10 = 0.90
— b. Female: 1 – 0.17 = 0.83
*In most cases to see abs, you need to be under 10% if you’re a male and under 17% if you’re a female, so that is why 0.10 and 0.17 are used. You can change these numbers to whatever body fat percentage your goal is.
3. Find your goal weight.
— a. LBM / # number from step 2
4. Calculate how many pounds you need to lose.
— a. starting weight – goal weight
5. Find out how many weeks it will take to lose the weight.
— a. pounds left to lose / 1 or 2
*On most diets, you can expect to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week, so that is the reason for dividing by 1 and 2. You can change these numbers to whatever your weight loss goal is.
6. Now you have a good idea of how long it will take you to reach your goal. Good job if you did all of that math. A+ for you.