Ingredients (4 servings) – Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 418g canned pink salmon, drained or equal amount of fully cooked fresh salmon
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes – see note
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
Instructions – Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients but oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat. Add the salmon patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Once complete, place on a kitchen towel-lined plate or cooling rack.
- Serve with Maple Pepper Dipping Sauce
***NOTE : if you cannot find quinoa flakes, gluten-free breadcrumbs, millet flakes, or quick oats should work. I have not tried it with this recipe though.