Checkout this a great tasting no bake cake batter energy bar recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie.
- 1 cup rice crispies (brown or white, or certified gf) (30g)
- packed 1/2 cup oat flour (70g) (Or make your own by grinding rolled oats in the food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Measure after blending.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp roasted cashew butter (see nutrition link below, for all substitution notes)
- 5 tbsp agave (Honey will work, but is not for strict vegans.) (See nutrition link for substitutions)
- optional: a handful of sprinkles
- optional: replace up to half of the oat flour with your favorite protein powder
Combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate (large) bowl, combine wet and stir to form a thin paste. (If your cashew butter is cold, warm it a little for easier mixing.) Pour dry into wet (not the other way around), and stir until evenly coated. Line a baking dish or tupperware container with a large piece of wax paper and pour the mixture into the dish. Fold the extra paper over the mixture and squish down as hard as you possibly can! Use a heavy object to really press it down. (The mixture will fill a 7×5, or about 2/3 of an 8×8.) Stick in the fridge or freezer to harden before cutting into bars. Store in the fridge or freezer. Makes 6 bars.
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 4.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams