Recipe for Paleo Mayo
- large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup macadamia nut oil or avocado oil
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the oil, into a bowl and whisk for 30 seconds or unil the mixture has thickened.
- Then take ¼ of cup of the oil and slowly and steady add the oil into the mixture while still actively whisking. Whisk for a good minute to make sure it has blended in well.
- Once you have finished applying the first cup of, ¼ cup of oil, repeat the same step again with the second cup of ¼ cup of oil for 30 seconds.
- Lastly, take the last cup of ¼ of oil and quickly pour the entire cup into the mixture and whisk vigorously.
- And then the mayo should be complete.
Recipe for the Paleo Mayo Crab Patties
- 1 pound canned pasteurized super lump crab meat (or fresh)
- 1.5 tablespoons (~1/4 cup) coconut flour, plus more for dusting the patties
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sunny Paris seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Parchment paper
- Prepare a ¼ cup of the Paleo Mayo and set aside in a bowl for later use in the recipe.
- Place fresh or drained canned crab meat into a large bowl.
- Add the Coconut flour, Scallions, and Sunny Paris seasoning.
- Then take the large egg, whisk the egg and pour into the bowl on top of the crab meat, flour, scallions, and seasoning.
- Take the bowl with the Paleo Mayo and add the Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and blend it together. Pour it into the large bowl of crab meat mixture.
- Mix and blend everything well together.
- Line your platter with the parchment paper.
- Divide the crab meat mixture into 8 portions and form each one into a flat cake.
- Place them on the platter with the parchment paper. Once you have formed all 8 portions, place the platter in the refrigerator to firm the patties for about 30 minutes.
- Once firm and chilled, heat up the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- In a separate dish add some coconut flour and lightly cover each pattie with coconut flour.
- Pat off any excess flour so the patties won’t come out too dry.
- Place into the frying pan and let each side fry for 3 mins each. Once each side it fried to a nice light brown color, remove the pattie from frying pan and place onto a wire rack to dry.
- And Enjoy! Great with a side of a salad. 🙂