in Recipes / on June 26, 2012 at 5:00 pm /
Satsify your Sweet Tooth In a Healthier Way!
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.
Nutrients per cookie: Calories: 115, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 80 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg