Chef Franklin Becker’s fish dinner includes 5 superfats to make you skinny. Olives contain oleic acid, which helps build lean muscle mass. Canola oil has the lowest saturated fat content of any oil. Avocados are full of fiber to keep you full. Pistachios help to burn fat. Finally, salmon contain omega-3s to help battle belly fat. Not only does this dish contain all these 5 powerful foods to melt fat away, it’s under 500 calories!
- 18 oz wild salmon
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 tbsp white wine, sauvignon blanc
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 6 tbsp pistachios, chopped finely into a dust
- 1 tsp piment de espelette
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 japanese eggplant, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 avocados, firm, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1tsp. fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp thai basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup black nicoise olives, pitted
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season salmon with salt and flax oil. Place salmon on baking sheet. Top with sliced garlic, wine and thyme. Bake until done, approximately 7 minutes.
- Sauté the vegetables adding them in order in a hot pan. Sauté till all vegetables are tender but remain intact. Add herbs and serve.
- Take black olives and olive oil and process in a blender till smooth and black.
- To serve: remove fish from the oven and top with a squeeze of lemon and the finely chopped pistachios. Place fish on top of avocado ratatouille and drizzle black olive oil around the fish. Drizzle red wine vinegar and serve.
via Dr Oz