Take your dose of protein after a hard workout at the gym in a “cooler” way with some Protein Creamsicles!
You Will Need: Popsicle mold that is able to make at least 6 creamsicles.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 navel orange or 2 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 serving protein powder, electrolyte mix, or both *see note
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange rind or 1/8 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. The mixture will be quite thick, but don’t worry it’s good like that!
- Drop/pour the mix into the mold and freeze overnight.
***NOTE: you could try adding an orange flavored protein powder like Vega Shake & Go protein or orange electrolyte powder from Ultima. Electrolyte powder is considered to taste better than Vega Shake. Vega Shake is a little more on the sweetier side.