Lets be honest here, Thanksgiving is that one day when your diet rules does not apply. We over eat, we eat foods high in fat, our sodium intake for the day is most likely through the roof, and our overall calorie intake is often times reached in one single Thanksgiving Meal. To help cure the“24 Hour Post Thanksgiving Food Coma,” follow these simple detoxifying tips to help cleanse your body back to its healthy balance.
- Move Around Plan ahead for an intense interval sweat session. An interval workout alternates between short bursts of high intensity activity and short/medium bursts of low intensity activity. You will not only burn a higher amount of calories, but you will also increase your overall aerobic capability.
- Get friendly with fiber Foods rich in dietary fiber naturally help cleanse your digestive tract and promote healthy bowel functions. Eat foods such as whole grains (brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa), fruits (bananas, apples, raspberries, grapes), and vegetables (broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, and potatoes).
- Practice Yoga Twisting, bending, and breathing are all fundamentals when it comes to yoga. These movements replenish the liver with fresh blood flow and oxygen, promoting the removal of toxins.
- Eat mindfully Listen to your body and eat when you are hungry. Fasting or skipping meals can completely back fire and lead to binge eating. Eat three healthy, portion controlled meals and a few snacks in between to keep your metabolism revved up.
- Drink lemon water Lemons are high in antioxidants and vitamin C, making them the perfect culprit to assist in the cleansing of the digestive tract. Drinking warm lemon water has been known to flush the body of toxins, speed hydration, and improve the immune system.
via Anytime Health