Check out this amazing “Cranberry Pecan Refrigerator Oatmeal” from Yummy Life.
This easy, no-cook “summer porridge” has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it’s eaten cold). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar.
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- Teensy pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons whole cranberry sauce (or jellied)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
Nutritional Info: 285 calories, 9g fat, 54g carbs, 8g fiber, 12g protein; Weight Watchers PtsPlus: 9