A healthy and delicious Vegan Style dinner! Mmmmm….Yum!
- 7 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Maple Corn Bread
- Cooking spray
- 5 acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange corn bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until corn bread is toasted, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350°.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise, and discard the seeds and membranes. Place the squash, cut sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Coat the squash with cooking spray. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over squash. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove the squash from pan.
- Place cranberries, currants, and 2 cups boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add celery, carrot, sage, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Combine toasted corn bread cubes, cranberry mixture, onion mixture, broth, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, tossing to coat.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups dressing mixture into each squash half. Place the squash halves in pan, cut sides up.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife pierces squash easily.
- Totals include Maple Corn Bread.