INGREDIENTS: Total time: 25 mins
For the salad:
- 4 x 150g plain mackerel fillets, skin on
- 400g broccoli, trimmed
- 12 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, segmented
- Large handful of mixed sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish etc)
- 2 cooked beetroots, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 orange
- 6tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- 1 level tsp creamed horseradish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Place the mackerel fillets, skin side up, on the grill rack and cook under the grill for 10-12 minutes or until the skin is blackened and charred. Leave the fillets to cool, then remove and discard the skin and flake the flesh.
- Meanwhile cook the broccoli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain again.
- In a large flat platter, mix together the radishes, broccoli, orange segments and mixed sprouts.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and season well.
- Arrange the flaked mackerel over the salad, scatter over the beetroot and pour over the dressing. Toss to mix well and serve immediately.