- 8 egg whites (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg and skim milk until frothy; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick frying pan on medium. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add spinach to pan, in batches if necessary, and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and drop ricotta by the tablespoonful over top. Cook for 3 minutes, until eggs begin to set on the bottom. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 8 minutes or until eggs are firm. Cut frittata into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (1 5-inch wedge): Calories: 152, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 15 g, Sodium: 400 mg, Cholesterol: 67 mg