Ingredients (2 pancakes, 1 serving)
- 1/3 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg, (replace w/ 1 tbsp freshly ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp of warm water For Vegan)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp xylitol, 1/4 tsp powdered stevia, 1 tbsp brown sugar, demerara sugar, etc.
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Drizzle with maple cream
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix with a fork to break up the flour.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl until incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to dry and stir until just mixed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden. At about the 1.5 minute mark, add half of the sliced bananas and continue to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Carefully flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Because there isn’t a lot of starch in this pancake, you have to be very careful with the flipping!
- To remove pancake from pan, turn the pan over onto a cooling rack and hit the bottom of the pan with your spatula. The pancake should pop out with all banana slices in place!
- Repeat with remaining batter.
**Note: you could try to use 1/4 cup egg white in place of the whole egg. Or, to make vegan – replace egg with 1 tbsp freshly ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp of warm water and allow to sit for 5 minutes before using the recipe.
Carlories: 335, Total Fat: 6.2g, Sugars: 10.9 g, Protein: 11.6g