- Set up for the Zottman curl by grasping a set of dumbbells and standing straight up with the dumbbells down at your sides.
- You should be holding the dumbbells with your arms outstretched and with an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Curl the dumbbells straight up as high as possible, squeezing the biceps at the top.
- Then twist at the wrists until your hands are in an overhand position (palms facing down).
- Slowly lower the weight back to the start position.
- Twist the weight back to an underhand grip and repeat for desired reps.
Zottman Curl Tips:
- Don’t rest the dumbbells on your body at any time.
- Keep the movement slow and controlled.
- Don’t swing back as you curl the dumbbells up.