- 1/2 cup (75 g) hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup (75 g) cashews
- 1/2 cup (60 g) old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) agave nectar or maple syrup; or 10 drops stevia liquid
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (.5 ml) fine sea salt
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) unsweetened, plain almond milk1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw first if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a (1-1.5 L) casserole dish.
- In the bowl of a high-speed blender*, place the nuts, oats, applesauce, vanilla, agave, cinnamon and salt. Pour the milk over all and blend for about a minute, until perfectly smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into the casserole dish, then gently fold in the blueberries (scatter a few extra blueberries over the top if you like, as they won’t sink).
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, rotating the casserole about halfway through, until the edges begin to puff and crack and the top appears dry. Allow to cool somewhat before serving; may be served warm or cold. Makes 4-6 servings. Store, covered, up to 4 days in the refrigerator. May be frozen.
*To make with a regular blender: Pour in the milk first, then add the remaining ingredients (except blueberries). You may need to blend in batches to achieve an equally smooth consistency.