If you’re looking to ramp up your training performance—it’s possible that you’re gonna check out the best pre workout supplements at GNC.
But, are they the most powerful training enhancers that money can buy?
We’re always after the best—seeking the optimum in definition, strength, and musculature. And, to obtain this, we need to perform the ultimate workouts.
I know you agree.
That’s what the best pre workout supplements can deliver—pushing us past our normal boundaries, by raising stamina, boosting endurance, elevating energy, and reducing recovery time.
Here’s the deal.
In this article, I’ll bring you the best pre workout supplements at GNC—explaining their ingredients, working processes, and effectiveness. Additionally, you’ll discover how the best GNC pre workout products stand up against those available elsewhere.
If you really want to take your performance off the scale—read this article first before committing to a purchase.
Best Pre Workout Supplements at GNC Top 5
Even if you’re just a casual bodybuilder—you already know GNC. These guys are one of the major players in the market, and one of the oldest.
Founded back in 1935, this company has grown into an absolute nutrition beast—with online retailing now forming the backbone to its numerous physical stores.1
But, even though it’s one of the largest nutritionists in the world and carries a load of different pre-workouts, it doesn’t carry every brand, or necessarily the most potent products.
Here are the top 5 best pre workout supplements at GNC. Stick with me bro—at the end, you’ll see how they match up against those GNC doesn’t stock.
1. Outlift AMPED
In my opinion, simply the best GNC pre workout.
Made by Nutrex research, this dietary supplement has made it to the top of the pile for two reasons—containing some serious performance enhancing ingredients and being in effective quantities.
Some of the most potent compounds are:
- Magnesium creatine chelate—shown in studies to be as powerful as creatine monohydrate for elevating the stamina-building ATP.2
- Beta alanine—prevents the buildup of fatigue-inducing lactic acid.3
- Betaine—a powerful amino acid which can enhance strength and power.4 5
My only concern with this supplement is the caffeine content. While a mighty energy booster and focus enhancer—the 350 mg dose is likely to cause some side effects, such as nausea or headaches.6
- Effective doses of betaine, beta-alanine, and creatine.
- Will elevate performance.
- Includes citrulline to enhance pumps.
- High level of caffeine may cause adverse reactions.
- Lacks proven enhancers such as theanine and carnitine.
2. C4 Ultimate
Just missing out on the top spot in this best pre workout supplements at GNC list is this product from Cellucor.
It’s quite heavy on the pre workout ingredients, containing 21 different compounds. Although, eight of those are included in an Energy and Focus proprietary blend—meaning their quantities cannot be ascertained.
Effective ingredients include:
- Citrulline malate—raises blood flow to the muscles to elevate pumps and heighten muscle protein synthesis—the 6-gram dosage is exactly what you expect in the best pre workout supplements.7
- Taurine—offsets the side effects that the 300 mg of caffeine could cause.8
- Alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline—a “brain booster” which can increase mental focus.9
- Solid ingredients, including caffeine and creatine.
- Six grams of citrulline is ideal.
- Respected manufacturer.
- Doesn’t include key pre-workout compounds, such as carnitine and beta vulgaris.
- Too many ingredients are concealed in a proprietary blend—it’s impossible to judge their potency.
3. PRE JYM
This could be an ideal GNC pre workout for guys looking for a post workout too. That’s because this supplement includes six grams of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) which can assist lean muscle growth after the workout has finished.
What’s more, there are some other proven ingredients in the formula, including:
- Beta vulgaris and citrulline—two compounds which both boost nitric oxide production, improving blood flow and raising pumps, stamina, and strength.10
- Huperzine—can elevate mental focus.11
- Bioperine—an absorption enhancer which also improves recovery by reducing inflammation.12 13
It’s a solid supplement which should provide some performance-enhancing benefits—although the inclusion of BCAAs may be surplus to requirements for many guys.
- Made by well-known nutritionists, Jym Supplement Science.
- Numerous proven performance enhancers including creatine, beta-alanine, and betaine.
- Could be ideal for people looking for a pre and post workout supplement.
- Side effects may include headaches from the large dose of caffeine anhydrous (300 mg) and “tingling” from the beta-alanine content.14
- Only includes 20 servings per container.
- It’s missing some of the more impressive pre-workout ingredients, such as carnitine and theanine.
4. Lit Pre Workout
Manufactured by Beyond Raw (GNCs own supplement brand), this GNC pre workout replaces the discontinued Savage training enhancer.
It includes a few solid ingredients, some of which are:
- elevATP—a novel compound consisting of apple extract and ancient peat which research has indicated can boost ATP and raise stamina.15
- Coffea arabica (NeuroFactor)—could enhance mental focus and concentration.16
- Nitrosigine (arginine)—heightens nitric oxide production for greater oxygen delivery and pumps.17
Additionally, it includes some of the more common (and effective) pre-workout compounds, such as creatine and citrulline. The problem is—the doses are low. Just three grams of citrulline is half of what you would find in the strongest pre workout.
This could be the best pre workout drink for guys just needing a gentle kick to their training—maybe those who exercise infrequently. Not for the serious lifters.
- A more moderate dose of caffeine (250 mg)—although may still cause side effects in many people.
- Includes many pre-workout ingredients that have been scientifically researched.
- An effective dose of beta-alanine (3.2 grams).
- May appeal to casual exercise enthusiasts that require a gentle kick.
- Not one of the best pre workout supplements at GNC for hardcore bodybuilders.
5. Bucked UP
This GNC pre workout is made by DAS Labs—a company known for its Deer Antler Spray product.
This supplement claims to be revolutionary, as it contains three ingredients not often seen in a pre-workout:
- Deer antler velvet—the “furry” bit on antlers that strangely contains human growth factor (IGF1)—while it may boost muscle growth, it’s banned by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).18
- Himalayan rock salt—although purported to have health and workout benefits, there appears no evidence to justify this—the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) have written to supplement suppliers indicating they cannot make any health boosting claims.19
- Astragin—a compound which increases the absorption of arginine, although the only successful studies have been with mice, not humans.20
The inclusion of these somewhat unproven ingredients is a shame—as this pre-workout does have some good performance enhancers. This includes citrulline at an effective dose of six grams, 200 mg of caffeine, and two grams of beta-alanine.
- Solid doses of some effective pre-workout compounds.
- One month’s supply.
- Beta-alanine may cause paresthesia.
- Bottom of this GNC pre workout list, due to containing some unproven ingredients.
- Lacks creatine, beta vulgaris, and theanine.
Best Pre Workout on the Market in 2019
While these are the best pre workout supplements at GNC—the truth is, there are some pre-workouts on the market that are much more potent.
In particular—4 Gauge.
Without a doubt, this is the best pre workout 2019, no other performance enhancer comes close. This is due to the fact that every single ingredient is a scientifically proven training booster—and at an effective dose.
This supplement has the power to:
- Boost stamina by replenishing ATP through its inclusion of creatine.
- Elevate pumps, endurance, and strength delivered by the nitric oxide-raising citrulline and beta vulgaris.
- Reduce recovery time, raise focus, and stamina through the power of carnitine.21 22 23
- Enhance mental concentration and energy levels by utilizing theanine and caffeine.24
- Eliminate fatigue with the inclusion of rhodiola.25
This pre-workout hits every aspect of training—no other supplement on the market can compete.
- The most potent pre-workout known—more powerful than any GNC pre workout.
- 11 proven performance-enhancing ingredients.
- Effective doses.
- No proprietary blends
- Zero “mystery” ingredients.
- Has a 4-hour working duration.
- This pre-workout can only be purchased from the official 4 Gauge website.
Best Pre Workout Supplements at GNC Summary
Let me be fair.
There are some good pre-workouts at GNC. The five listed above all contain solid and proven ingredients, mostly at effective doses, and will not cause any serious side effects.
The problem is, sometimes there’s a product that has it all. And that’s 4 Gauge.
This performance enhancer is packed full of all the best pre-workout ingredients—not just a few. What’s more, each one is dosed to the max—giving you the ultimate training boost, but without any adverse health effects.
However, 4 Gauge is not available at GNC.
If you want machine-like stamina, raw power, superhuman strength, and pumps that are gonna split your shirt—head over to the official 4 Gauge website and try this supplement out.
Your only regret will be you didn’t try it earlier.