Refreshing Healthy Snack!
INGREDIENTS: Prep Time: 25 min
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 pint(s) strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced or (any fruit of choice)
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 4 (14 x 9-in.) sheets frozen “Phyllo Dough”, thawed
- 1 1/2cup(s) nonfat Greek yogurt, stirred
- 4 tablespoon(s) honey or agave nectar
- Small mint leaves (optional, as garnish)
- Heat oven to 350˚F. You’ll need 6 (5-in.) metal or foil pie pans lightly coated with cooking spray. In bowl, toss strawberries with 1 Tbsp sugar and the vanilla; let stand until juicy. Mix remaining 2 Tbsp sugar and pumpkin pie spice in small cup.
- Stack Phyllo sheets; cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thirds (24 pieces total).
- Place 1 piece Phyllo in each pie pan; lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with some of the spiced sugar. Layer a second piece of fillo in each pan, slightly off center of the first; coat with spray and sprinkle with spiced sugar. Finish building the cups with 2 more layers of Phyllo, coated with spray and sprinkled with spiced sugar, each layer slightly off center of the previous.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cups are golden and crisp. Carefully lift shells out of pans; cool completely on a wire rack lined with paper towel.
- To serve, spoon some strawberries with juices into each shell. Top with 1⁄4 cup yogurt; spoon remaining berries and juices over yogurt; drizzle with 2 tsp honey.