One of the latest superfoods to be touted by celebrity trainers and the like is quinoa. Most people who have heard of quinoa think it’s a grain, and judging by how it’s pronounced, some assume it’s from the Orient. Quinoa actually has more protein per ounce than meat! Here is a few ways to cook this unique super food!
1. Cooked with brown rice in the rice cooker. Then topped steamed broccoli and sauteed veggies in sesame teriyaki sauce.
2. Wrapped in a burrito with corn and beans.
3. Steamed with fresh veggies and covered in a vinaigrette.
4. Mixed with black beans, scrambled egg, diced avocado and lots o’ hot sauce w/ a squeeze of lime.
5. In tabouli replacing the wheat.
6. Browned with a little butter first then cooked with with mushrooms, slivered almonds, and nettles.
7. Mixed half and half with homemade salsa.
8. After it is cooked… add black beans, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, sea salt, avocado, cilantro and squeeze some lime juice.
9. Fruity quinoa salad with yogurt, fruit, nuts, and dried raisins or cranberries. The quinoa is cooked w/water, apple juice, and cinnamon. YUM!
10. Cooked in chicken or veggie stock instead of water with several cloves of garlic and a bunch of my favorite herbs.
via Nature Moms