A woman is scarred for life after her NutriBullet blender exploded in her face. Trainee fitness instructor Tysha Stapleton, 24, bought the ‘super food extractor’ last week for £100, but said that by its second use it had stopped working.[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
When she took the blender off its motor and tried to unscrew it, she heard a bang – and the blender exploded in her face.
‘It isn’t supposed to be hot but it must have heated up on its own and exploded, she told The Sun. ‘The pain was horrific. I could feel my skin burning.
Tysha Stapleton ,24, from Dulwich, London who’s NutriBullet exploded in her face causing her massive burns. Tysha pictured here in hospital being treated at the Chelsea and Westminster for her injuries, and images of her home.[contentblock id=5 img=adsense.png]
Tysha said she heard a ‘bang’ – and the blender exploded (Picture: The Sun/News Syndication). ‘I thought I was blind. My skin was melting off my face.’
Tysha, who has a six-year-old son, Jaheim, was taken to Dulwich in South London to have her burns treated at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Despite the best efforts of doctors, Tysha will be scarred for life. NutriBullet said it would not comment on the incident until it had been investigated. ‘We ensure the very highest quality standards are adhered to,’ it said.
via The Sun