They’re one of the largest nutrition and health retailers on the planet—but just how potent are the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC?
Let me say this:
We push ourselves to the very limits of our endurance when bodybuilding, in order to build serious muscle. But, as impressive as the results may be, we’re left always wanting more.
You know what I’m saying, right?
Here’s the truth:
There are some truly phenomenal products on the market.
Guys taking the best muscle building supplements have witnessed returns that simply cannot be considered natural—gains are made at an astounding rate, definition is rapidly accelerated, and strength becomes almost superhuman.
But, there’s also a lot of trash.
This article will examine the five strongest muscle building supplements at GNC—and let you know how they stack up against the most powerful products available elsewhere.
If you want the shocking facts that no other reviews will give you—read on.
Want to know what the best muscle building supplements on the market that are not available in GNC are? We will reveal them in the end of this article
Best Muscle Building Supplements at GNC
Here are what I believe to be the best muscle building supplements currently available at GNC.
1. Animal Pak
Even if you’ve only recently started spending some time down at the gym—the chances are you’ve already heard of this product from Universal Nutrition.
This supplement has been around for years—first appearing on the shelves back in 1983, when the internet was still a dream. Although often referred to as a bodybuilding multivitamin—it’s much more than that.
The manufacturer claims that this is the only supplement you’ll ever need. It’s formulated to provide the full spectrum of nutritional compounds that dedicated bodybuilders require for performance, muscle gains, and post-exercise recovery.
But, what does it contain and how does it work?
Let me show you.
Animal Pak Ingredients
Make no mistake, this is a hefty supplement with over 60 individually quantified ingredients—meaning that 11 tablets need to be taken each day.
The key compounds included for muscle gains are:
- Amino acids—19 separate amino acids are in this formulation, including the three BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) of leucine, isoleucine, and valine—essential for muscle protein synthesis.1
- Zinc—can boost muscle growth and raise testosterone levels—the anabolic hormone on which all steroids are based.2 3
- Vitamins C and E—reduces oxidative stress on the muscles, preventing damage, and allowing them to grow larger.4
In addition to these muscle builders, this supplement also includes compounds such as carnitine and choline to improve performance, and alpha lipoic acid to reduce recovery times.5
A powerful all-around bodybuilding supplement—although not specifically designed purely for muscle building.
- One of the oldest bodybuilding supplements—with the formula being constantly reviewed.
- Could be one of the best GNC products to get ripped.
- All the ingredients are quantified.
- No fillers.
- Could suit those looking for just one supplement to cover all of their nutritional training requirements.
- A solid GNC muscle gainer.
- May be “overkill” for guys looking for a pure muscle builder.
- 11 capsules per day could be too much for some people.
- Not a GNC human growth hormone product.
2. Alpha Jym
If you’re a seasoned lifter—you’ll already know about Dr. Jim Stoppani. This renowned bodybuilding nutritionist is the guy behind this supplement, retailed by his own company, Jym Supplement Science.
It’s marketed as a testosterone booster—the type of supplement which, if containing a potent enough formula, could prove to be one of the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC.
Let’s get down to the detail and see how powerful it is:
Alpha Jym Ingredients
If testosterone levels are boosted, this can have a phenomenal effect on muscle growth. Science has proven the more you have, the faster and more impressive your gains.6
The effective compounds in this supplement are:
- Fenugreek—an ingredient which can inhibit testosterone being synthesized into estrogen and dihydrotestosterone (DHT)—improving the ability to utilize the male hormone for muscle growth.7 8
- Ashwagandha—although not the greatest T-booster, there’s some evidence that it can increase strength and slightly raise testosterone levels.9
- Diindolylmethane (DIM)—some studies have illustrated it can reduce estrogen levels, therefore improving the testosterone/estrogen ratio.10
- Eurycoma longifolia—in certain circumstances can elevate T-count.11
Let me be honest.
This supplement will have a minimal positive effect on testosterone. It’s by no means the most powerful T-booster on the market—more on that later. But, it’s an ok supplement that doesn’t contain any “fill.”
Hence, muscle gains should be improved—although nothing that’s going to split your shirt. One of the strongest muscle-building supplements at GNC—but still a little average.
- Includes proven T-boosting ingredients, which should help to raise muscle gains slightly.
- As a T-booster, it could come under the banner of GNC legal steroids.
- No fillers, placebos, or proprietary blends.
- Made by a respected manufacturer.
- One of the best muscle building supplements at GNC—although it’s still no better than an average GNC creatine product.
- Missing many of the most potent T-boosting compounds.
- Just an average GNC muscle builder.
3. Vitaligenix T10
At #3 in this Strongest Muscle Building Supplements at GNC article is another T-booster—aiming to take advantage of testosterone’s muscle protein synthesis enhancing ability.
It’s manufactured by the well-known MuscleTech firm—a company which refers to itself as America’s Number 1 best-selling supplement brand.
The guys behind it claim that it boosts free T-levels while concurrently reducing estradiol—and indicate it’s the most advanced male vitality product, ever.
Here are the ingredients to see if that’s true.
Vitaligenix T10 Ingredients
Out of the eight ingredients contained in this supplement—here are some of the key players which aim to boost T-levels for growth gains.
- Zinc—essential in any T-booster, known for its ability to raise testosterone—it can also enhance muscle protein synthesis. 12 13
- Maca—although touted as a T-enhancer, studies have indicated it has no effect and therefore will not contribute to muscle growth.14
- Tribulus—a plant extract which can heighten T-count.15
- Boron—a potent testosterone elevator.16
- Broccoli (as DIM)—may lower levels of the muscle-killing estrogen.
- Oleuropein—an extract from olive oil leaf, which research has indicated can elevate testosterone—in rats, anyway.17
Overall, while it may be one of the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC, it’s still somewhat average, compared to the best available elsewhere.
Sure, it contains some solid ingredients which may raise testosterone—but not enough to provide hulk-like proportions.
- Includes some ingredients which will raise testosterone and hence help to build muscle mass.
- Two months’ supply.
- One of the most popular GNC testosterone supplements.
- Respected manufacturer.
- Contains compounds which science has shown will not elevate testosterone and consequently make no difference to muscle size.
- Missing some of the best hormone-raising and therefore muscle-rocketing T-boosting ingredients.
With its second appearance in this Strongest Muscle Building Supplements at GNC article, Universal Nutrition has developed another product that fits the niche. This one claims to be ideal for guys looking for “hard gains” or for those who have found that their muscle building has hit a plateau.
This supplement is designed to elevate mass in three main ways:
- Enhancing muscle protein synthesis—the building block of gains.
- Increasing nitrogen retention—creating ideal conditions for size growth.
- Preventing muscle catabolism (breakdown).
Does it have the goods to do this? Let’s take a glance at its formula.
This supplement includes six “complexes”—another word for proprietary blends. These contain a total of 23 ingredients, which are all unquantified.
Here are some of the main compounds:
- Amino acids—this supplement includes six amino acids, including the BCAAs, which should boost protein synthesis, improve nitrogen retention, and stave off any catabolic effects.18
- Muira puama—this flowering plant extract has been shown to bind to estrogen receptors, not only offsetting the “female” traits that some supplements can provide but also negating its catabolic power.19
- Eleutherococcus senticosus—an Asian plant, thought to boost testosterone and reduce the muscle-wrecking cortisol—although studies show it has no noticeable effect.20
- Caffeine—a stimulant which may increase energy levels, allowing you to work longer and therefore push the muscles harder for greater gains.21
With a holistic approach—it makes this one of the more interesting strongest muscle building supplements at GNC. But with unquantified ingredients—it’s difficult to measure its efficacy.
- Addresses numerous areas of muscle gains in one supplement.
- Many ingredients have been scientifically researched and proven for muscle building abilities.
- Well-known manufacturer.
- Including the thermogenic caffeine, it may function as a GNC muscle builder and fat burner.
- With caffeine, guarana, and Kola it’s stim-heavy.
- None of the ingredients are quantified.
5. Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone
The final product in this Strongest Muscle Building Supplements at GNC article comes yet another T-booster.
Manufactured by Direct Digital LLC (now known as Adaptive Health), this supplement is formulated to improve androgenic power by encouraging the body to produce more testosterone.
Here are the ingredients which it says achieve this target.
Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone
In total, this supplement contains eight ingredients, the key players being:
- D-aspartic acid—a potent T-booster which is seen in all the best enhancers on the market.22
- Stinging nettle—can attach itself to SHBG (sex-hormone binding globulin) meaning that testosterone isn’t tied up and therefore able to help build muscle.23
- Epimedium sagittatum—although shown to increase libido, its unconnected to the production of testosterone and therefore is unlikely to promote growth.24
- Mucuna pruriens—while it can improve semen quality and raise fertility, in itself it doesn’t heighten T-levels.25
Additionally, this supplement includes the proven testosterone boosters of fenugreek and boron.
While this may work well as a fairly good male health enhancer—with its ability to improve sperm and raise sex-drive—it will only have restricted benefits on testosterone levels. Hence, as a muscle builder, it’s slightly weak.
- Contains some T-boosting and therefore muscle-building ingredients.
- One month’s supply.
- May work as a sexual health improver.
- Lacks sufficient ingredients to be a powerful muscle builder.
What’s the Best Muscle Building Supplement on the Market?
Sadly, it’s not among the GNC muscle building supplements.
The most potent and effective muscle building supplement available is Testogen.
This powerful product takes testosterone off the scale.
Even the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC don’t come close.
Remember, testosterone is the original steroid—all other synthetics were designed to mimic its anabolic effects.26
The beauty of testosterone is that it’s natural—by taking it to the limit, muscle gains are going to accelerate at a phenomenal pace—with no side effects.
Testosterone is required for muscle building—it being a key component of protein synthesis. The more you have, the faster your muscles repair post-training and take on incredible proportions.
What’s more, testosterone raises red blood cell production which in turn improves stamina and recovery. Meaning that you can work the muscles harder and return to the gym sooner—both important factors for effective muscle growth.
But why is it so potent?
Simply because it contains the most powerful and proven T-boosters known. The compounds I’m talking about are:
What’s more, the effect of taking testosterone to the max isn’t consigned to just muscle growth. Additionally, raising the levels of this important hormone has the ability to improve mood, boost fat loss, and increase bone strength.30 31
- Includes scientifically proven testosterone boosting ingredients.
- The most powerful muscle building supplement available—anywhere.
- Compounds included in quantities that are known to be effective.
- No proprietary blends.
- Includes zero fillers, placebos, or pointless ingredients.
- Will lead to fat loss and astounding muscle growth.
- Beats the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC.
- Not suitable for guys who just want a little “tone”—if that’s your thing, go for a girly supplement.
Where to Buy Testogen
Don’t scroll through the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC looking for Testogen.
You won’t find it.
There are only a fw places currently selling Testogen—the official Testogen website offers the best price.
Strongest Muscle Building Supplements at GNC Summary
Let me give it to you straight.
If you’re looking for the ultimate product to take muscle gains stratospheric, you’re not going to find it among the strongest muscle building supplements at GNC.
Don’t get me wrong.
Many of their muscle builders are fine. They contain some fairly decent ingredients and will make a little difference to your bodybuilding returns.
But, if you’re like me, you want the best gains possible. You want to reap the rewards of each and every freakin’ rep.
And only the awesome Testogen can do this.
Designed to put your body into a prime anabolic state, this supplement will repay you over and over.
So for the ultimate in size and mass returns—all in the fastest time possible, get yourself some Testogen.