- 1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs – I didn’t try the recipe with flax eggs, but it may work!
- 3 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1 cup dried mango, cut into bite size pieces*
- 1/2 cup dried papaya, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried figs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
***NOTE: try to find unsweetened mango and papaya as the sweetened versions will add loads of unnecessary sugar to your bars.
- Rinse quinoa by placing it in a strainer and running it under water for 1 minute. Transfer for a medium sized saucepan, add water and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes. Don’t remove the lid while cooking. Once complete, remove lid and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, and chia in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa with the coconut milk mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Press firmly into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Slide out of pan and continue to cool for another 40 minutes before cutting.
- Cut with a sharp knife.
**Place the bars in the fridge for a couple of hours so they become firmer.
Makes 15 bars.